If you’re a Cloud Voice administrator, you can set up ‘music on hold’ for incoming callers who are either on hold or parked.
Although it’s called ‘music on hold’, you’re not restricted to just playing music; you can play any audio as long as the file is:
- No bigger than 1 MB
- In the format of CCITT u-Law WAV with 8kHz, 8 Bit, mono attributes
- Less than five minutes long
Can I use an MP3 file for music on hold?
No, at the moment only WAV files as described above can be used.
Setting it up
- Login to the BT Cloud Voice portal
- Select ‘Sites’ menu
- From the ‘Employee’ list select who you want to activate ‘Call Director’ for
- Select ’Features’ from the menu on the left hand side
- Select ‘Music on Hold’
- Tick the appropriate box(es) for the type of calls that you want –
- Calls on hold
- Parked calls
- Select the radio button, ‘System’ or ‘Custom’, for the ‘Music On Hold Source’ –
- ‘System’ – to play the default music built into the system
- ‘Custom’ – to upload your own music or audio message
- If you select ‘Custom’, click ‘Browse’ to find your own audio file
- Click ‘Save’